Who we are
Established in 2009 we are an Oxford based music promotion company, bringing you the best, of the best thing! We are trying to do something slightly different, but at the core of what we do is brilliant new music. We currently promote in 3 venues in Oxford (Jericho Tavern, Wheatsheaf and Port Mahon) but are always on the look out for trying out new venues.
Our overall aims are:
- Put on live gigs with great new music
- Promote gigs in the most innovative ways possible (I know that’s what promoters are supposed to do but we pride ourselves in actually promoting our gigs as much as possible)
- Keep ticket prices as low as possible to ensure everyone gets a chance to come and discover their new favourite bands
- Get fans involved in the gig, by giving them the chance to choose part of the set list (see the “cover song voting thingy aka the Rodd of Hotness)
- We’ll publish photos from the night as well as do our best to get free stuff to give away.
- We are going to do our best to operate in an ethical and environmentally friendly way and will give an annual contribution to WWF (it’s a panda thing!).
In our short time we’ve already put on some totally awesome bands from Oxfordshire and beyond. Some of these are listed below. We’ve appeared in local music magazine Nightshift giving our top tips for the year, been on BBC Oxford (twice) and put on a charity gig in support of Oxfordshire Dyslexia. Our favourite thing though in the whole world is when someone comes up to us at a gig and says “I’ve never heard of this band before but I totally love them”. That’s what we are all about – come along and discover your new favourite band and be inspired by great new, local music.
Previous bands include Spring Offensive, Dead Jerichos, Black Hats, The Half Rabbits, Mr Fogg, Adam Barnes, Alphabet Backwards, Charly Coombes and the New Breed, Grudle Bay, Deer Chicago, Lewis Watson, The Old Grinding Young, Toliesel, Jessie Grace, Dance a la Plage, Jess Hall, Nine Stone Cowboy, Redtrack, The Family Machine, Real Fur, Very Nice Harry, Message to Bears, The Scholars, Empire Safari, Relik, Brothers Welsh, Cowboy Racer, Camena, The Wild Mercury Sound, Family Machine, My Grey Horse, Secret Rivals, Alamakota, Branch Immersion, Go Romano, Papa Jules, Graceful Slicks, Tiger Mendoza, The Nichole Steal, Cat Matador, Pandas & People, Tripwires, Inlight, Arthur Sawbridge, Brownian Motion, Minor Coles, Wild Swim, The Recliners, Hearts in Pencil, Tristan & the Trobadours, From Here We Run, Manny O, the Stone Saloon, Modern Cliches, Player 2, Golden Hours........
So what kind of music might you hear at a Daisy Rodgers night?
Well, the sound is pop, not just pop pop, but all sorts of pop, pop music with an edge:
- Indie Pop
- Rock Pop
- Dance Pop
- Punky Pop
- Moody Indie Pop
- Reggae Pop
- Jing-jangerly Guitar Pop
- Stadium Rock Pop
- Funky indie Pop
- Rap Pop
- 80s electro pop
- Power pop
- Chamber pop
- Beautiful melodic pop ……………Sort of like Panda Pop really.
Still not sure?
Check out our favourite tunes via www.soundcloud.com/daisyrodgers
Got any questions?
Check out our contact pages and get in touch.